Bookcrossing

Monday, November 29, 2010

Uruguay and Paraguay

I stayed in Uruguay for three weeks, which gave me a lot of time to read and finish the 1010 Challenge. I was doing a Spanish course at Academia Uruguay, right in the old town. A good course, classes half the day and then time to look around Montevideo.

I traded the following books with another student:
1. Past Imperfect - I have this TBR at home, but this'll bump it up the list
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

and got these in return:
1. The Girl who played with Fire from the Academia Uruguay
2. Burning Bright
from a fellow student at the Academia Uruguay
3. A Far Country
from the Academia Uruguay

From Montevideo, I met up with my brother and we flew up to Paraguay. First stop Asuncion, where I took advantage of the book exchange at the hostel to update my books, though the selection was very much mixed. I reckon I traded half the shelf!
I left:
1. Bad times in Buenos Aires
2. Innocent Erendira
3. The Dubliners
4. Burning Bright
5. The Bell Jar, 1001 book
6. Madame Bovary , 1001 book
7. A Far Country
8. The Sunday List of Dreams

I picked up:
1. Asi Es La Vida - left by the author himself and about his travels in South America
2. The Love of a Good Woman short stories collection
3. Drink the Sky, set in Brazil
4. The Sunday List of Dreams, which I read quickly and traded again
5. Son of a Witch
6. Three Moons in Vietnam
7. The Glass Castle
8. Treasure Island, one of my favourite all time reads.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home