Bookcrossing

Friday, November 07, 2008

Back after a gap

Been a while since I have added anything new here. I have recently moved to Coimbra, Portugal and am busy finding my feet. The city is lovely, hilly, university town. The people are very friendly and I am trying to improve my Portuguese. No OBCZ in Coimbra, but maybe soon, who knows! So far I have not wild released as am able to swap books at work, there is a shelf full of books left by previous teachers. A rather random mix, but as you see below, that is good for me!

Books brought with me:
Blood Meridian: Or, the Evening Redness in the West (Picador Books)
Atonement
The God of Small Things
The Book of Laughter and Forgetting (King Penguin)
Gem Squash Tokoloshe
Bonjour Tristesse (Essential Penguin)
The Ringmaster's Daughter
The Karnau Tapes
The Pianist (Film Tie-in edition): The Extraordinary Story of One Man's Survival in Warsaw, 1939-45
Magic Seeds
The Virgin in the Garden: A Novel
What I Loved

Books are pretty expensive here, I was spoilt by the choice in Prague. Luckily, there are quite a few Portuguese Bookmoochers, so www.bookmooch.com is there to supply my habit.
The Pit and the Pendulum (penguin 60s S.)
The Black Monk (Penguin 60s)
Red Dust

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home