Bookcrossing

Friday, May 21, 2010

52 1001 Books in 2010 1/2 way

I thought I would sign up again for Read 10 1001 Books to read before you die books this year (2... , a challenge set by katrinat on Bookcrossing.  I managed to read a 1001 book a week last year, so here is this year's attempt.  I am a wee bit behind where I wanted to be, especially as I will be off on my travels soon.

1. The Old Man and the Sea-1001-Library Book
2. The Grass Is Singing
3. Black Dogs
4. Watchmen (1001 Library Book)
5. A Kestrel for a Knave (Penguin Modern Classics)
6. The Midwich Cuckoos
7.   The Siege of Krishnapur
8. Embers
9. Brideshead Revisited
10.  The Plot Against America
11.  Les Miserables (Penguin Classics)
12.  Blue of Noon
13.   Invisible
14.   Vile Bodies
15.  The Singapore Grip
16.   The Nine Tailors (Lord Peter Wimsey Mysteries)
17.   The Red and The Black
18. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
19. The White Tiger
20.  Professor's House
21.  Love in a Cold Climate (Penguin Modern Classics)
22.  The Water Babies: A Fairy Tale For A Land-Baby
23.  The Return of the Native (English Library)
24. At Lady Molly's
25.  Troubles
26.  August Is a Wicked Month (1001 book)

It is hard to pick out the best books from those I've read, but I I have really enjoyed reading a new author to me,  J.G. Farrell.  Of the rest, I would have to say that Blue of Noon was rather odd, not sure what I think of it and The Water Babies a bit clumsy.  It was good to read some of the more modern books on the list, including three additions to the 2010 list, and I heartily concur with their inclusion, though it was sad to see an Auster book to be knocked off the list.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home