Bookcrossing

Monday, May 10, 2010

1010 Challenge Completed Category SPAIN

Group 2: Spain and the Spanish speaking world

1. Paradise Travel ** Olympic : Colombia
2. The Scarlet Cloak
3. Captain Alatriste
4. Purity of Blood
5. The Queen's Sorrow
6. The Return
7. The Book of Murder ** Olympic : Argentina
8. Our house in the Last World
9. The Old Man and the Sea ** 1001 Book
10. The Brief Wonderful Life of Oscar Wao ** 1001 Book

I really wanted to broaden my Spanish-speaking world reading, and this has really been a great way of doing that.  Top books would have to be the last two.  Hemingway's Cuban classic really drew me in, very tense and Oscar touched me greatly.  I am pleased to have been able to include books for 2 of the other challenges I am doing, Olympic and 1001 Books.  I am hoping to keep up this category next year, but may make it Iberian Books (this would include Portuguese speaking authors).

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home