Bookcrossing

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bookcrossing in Cork

To be completed:

The OBCZ Tribes Cafe, Tuckey St. is a fab place for reading books ;) , having lunch or even meeting up with friends. There aren't many European style cafes in Ireland (or the U.K.) where you can chill out till the wee hours. Not long after my arrival, I was sent a message by microsquid inviting me to the monthly meetup. There I met up with a few other bookcrossers - colblimp, pennygirl (who had just come back from the international guide camp in Co. Meath, which I attended many moons ago representing Scotland!) and Arkenthell. Just a pity I was only in Ireland for 7 weeks, as they were a friendly and interesting bunch. Oh well, will just have to come back next year!

Cork is full of of great cafes and bookshops
Check out Nosh + Coffee (I especially recommend the Brie and Cranberry Baked Potato and a milkshake - they claim to do every kind!)

Bookshops - Vibes and Scribes for a random selection of cheap hardbacks and paperbacks as well as new titles. It has 2 locations in town. Connoly's bookshop and the Murder bookshop on Paul Street and the numerous charity shops around town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home