Bookcrossing

Sunday, December 12, 2010

11 in 11 Category Challenge

11 in 11 Category Challenge .  There are different versions of the challenge, but I am going for 11 books in 11 categories with 20 in a bonus section.    I have kept some of the same categories as last year, but have changed a couple.  Here are my categories:

Category 1:  Latin America
Photobucket
In the 999 Challenge I had a Portuguese speaking world category and in the 1010 Challenge, a Spanish speaking one.  This time I thought I would concentrate on Latin America related books as I am curretntly travelling there.  As Latin America can be taken in many ways, here it will be all countries (or regions - like Quebec) in the Americas speaking a Latin language. 

Category 2: 1001 Books
Photobucket
I have the all singing and dancing spreadsheet and would like to boost my stats. I had this category over the last 2 challenges as well, spurring me on with my 1001 reading. I have enjoyed reading 1001 books as it has definitely broadened my reading, getting round to reading those classics and also putting me in touch with many new authors.

Already read
1. The French Lieutenant's Woman - excellent
2. The Idiot
3. Bleak House - hard going
4. Of Mice and Men
5. Crash
6. Cold Comfort Farm

Category 3: History
Fiction and Non-Fiction
Photobucket

Another returning category as this is an area I enjoy reading about.  I hope to have more non-fiction here this year.
Already read:
1. The Help

2. The Bamboo Palace

Category 4: Olympic
Photobucket
I am taking part in Bookcrossing's Olympic Challenge, one book per competing country before the opening ceremony in London.Category 4: Olympic


Category 5: Asia
Photobucket
I was born in Asia and so have always had a fascination with this diverse continent.  I also have a large amount of Asia related books on my TBR pile.

Already read:

1. Three Moons in Vietnam
2. The Good Earth
3. The Bamboo Palace



Category 6: Not in English
Photobucket
I am a linguist, so should be reading AMAP in Spanish, German and Portuguese.

Category 7: German Speaking World
Photobucket

In the 999 Challenge, I looked at the Portuguese Speaking World, in the 1010 Challenge I concentrated on the Spanish, so this time the German is up.

Category 8: Film & Adaptations
Photobucket
I love the cinema and I watch a lot of adaptations, even though when they vary wildly from the book I do get rather annoyed!
Already read:
1. The French Lieutentant's Woman ** 1001 Book
2. Bleak House ** 1001 Book
3. Wicked
4. Crash ** 1001 Book
5. The Notebook


Category 9: Links
Photobucket
Any book that is linked with another I read, could be because Librarything puts it in the recommended section of the book entry or it is mentioned in the book.


Already read:
1. Son of a Witch -  part of Wicked series
2. A Lion among Men -  part of Wicked series

Category 10: Travel
Photobucket
My favourite hobby ;)  Fiction, non-fiction

Already read:
1. Three moons in Vietnam


Category 11: British Authors
Photobucket
Already read:
1. The French Lieutenant's Woman
2. Bleak House
3. Crash
4. It Could Happen to You
5. Cold Comfort Farm

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home