Bookcrossing

Sunday, October 23, 2011

52 x 1001 Books in 2011

I've now reached my target of 52 1001 books read this year.  My final baker's dozen were a mixed bunch, but at least I got some long-term TBR's read.  It's always tough to choose the my favourite out of 13 books which have made it on the 1001 list, but I'll have a go!  Good Soldier Schweik was very funny and subversive, I need to get my own copy of it, and a few more to give to as gifts.  Unless blew me away, it had so much more going on than just a narrative.  The Virgin Suicides was another that took me by surprise, I had seen the film, but the book makes it realer, more powerful.  The one I enjoyed least, pretty much down-right disliking it was On the Road, what a load of BLA BLA BLA. 

40. Billiards at Half-Past Nine
41. The Swimming Pool Library
42. Unless
43. On the Road
44. One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich (Penguin Modern Classics)
45. Good Soldier Schweik
46. Choke
47.  So Long a Letter (African Writers)
48. The Sea, The Sea (Penguin Twentieth-Century Classics)
49. The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (Coronet Books)
50. The Woman in White (Penguin Popular Classics)
51 Women in Love (Wordsworth Classics) 
52. The Virgin Suicides

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home