Bookcrossing

Monday, January 04, 2010

Books in South Africa

I went to Cape Town to spend the holidays with my family, a warm getaway from a cold winter in Europe. As usual I packed lots of books with a view to read and release here in S.A., though ended up with more for Christmas presents!

I was shocked to see the V&A Waterfront so busy, but this makes me hopeful for a couple of catches. I released a couple of books there: The Snow Cow: Ghost Stories for Skiers , which I received from the Librarything Early Reviewers programme, and The Sleeping Sword.

After a wander down into a packed Camps Bay, we managed to find a table at Kauai, a little healthy cafe chain. I quaffed a coffee milkshake and left a few books in the newspaper stand. Chickenfeed: Quick Reads,Martin Misunderstood,The Alienist

We drove into the winelands for a couple of tastings and I left Mourning Raga (A Dominic Felse Whodunnit) , which Mum had picked up in the second bookshop in Obs. I love that shop, crammed full of great titles at reasonable prices. I accidently picked up a few more with a mind to complete my 1010 challenge.

As we were going to the first day of the New Year's test at Newlands, Mum gave me M.C.C.: The autobiogrpahy of a cricketer to release there. It has been picked up and journalled already!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home