Bookcrossing

Friday, February 25, 2011

A time for reading

A book bonanza over the last few days. I have had books winging in via the Bookcrossing 1001-Library. The first to arrive were The Monkey and the Monk and Felicia's Journey, the latter I had been keen to read since I read The Story of Lucy Gault. Next up was Arabian Nights, and then a box of books from the States - Effi Briest (a book my brother has been talking about ever since he studied it at uni), Platero and I and The Pigeon. I couldn't resist and started The Monkey and the Monk straight away, I am about half way through, but this is a book to read in chunks, to give you time to let it sink in. This afternoon, with the sunlight streaming through my window, I read The Pigeon, a short, but thought-provoking book. This should help with my 1001 book slump, I just didn't fancy starting Invisible Man, so had been reading anything else I came into contact with.

I also returned my 3 books to the library, and picked up three new ones in Spanish. The first is El Capitan Alatriste, the graphic novel version of the first book in the series, I am curious to see how the illustrators have the characters, how they differ from my own thoughts. Second El Reino del Dragon de Oro, the second installment in Isabel Allende's series about Alexander Cold and his adventures with his rather unusual granny, Kate. Last up is Stardust, I loved the film, have the audiobook in English, but really look forward to reading it for myself.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home