Bookcrossing

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Bookcrossing in South Africa

Happily, I saw there was an OBCZ in Capetown: The Coffee Bean, Main Road, Rondebosch. I managed to visit it once, though wasn't able to meet up with anyone. This was not down to lack of friendly offers from the local bookcrossers, but due to my tight schedule. I hope to be back next year, when I will definitely factor in some time! Not only did I have the stack I had brought with, but also bought a few books and was given some by a fellow traveller.

Left books in a few spots around Cape Town:
Ice Cafe in Kalk Bay - excellent selection of ice cream.
Boulders Hotel at Boulders Beach (where my sister had her wedding reception)
Sinnful Ice Cream Shop - oops a theme is starting!
Rhodes Memorial Cafe
Newlands Cricket Ground
Cape Town Backpackers

Had a couple of catches from the OBCZ, here's hoping for some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home