Bookcrossing

Sunday, March 28, 2010

1001 books to read before you die

The new book has hit the shelves and a fellow bookcrosser posted the changes in the forum.  There is a bit of chuntering going on as the list is basically the same, with only 11 changed books (see below).  According to an American bookcrosser, this was because the 2nd edition was a U.K. edition, only available on import to the U.S.  


Taken off the list:
1. Animal's People  TBR
2. The Reluctant Fundamentalist
3. The Kindly Ones
4.A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian   read
5.Small Island  read
6.The Plot Against America  read


7.The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time  read
8. Islands
9. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay  TBR
10. The Heart of Redness
11. Small Remedies


I am sad that  The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time has been dropped as I loved this.  As for   A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian   and Small Island, that is no real surprise as, while I enjoyed both books, I did find them to be lighter than some of the other books on the list.


And the new ones
1. The Elegance of the Hedgehog
2. The Children’s Book
3.Invisible  read
4. American Rust
5. Cost
6. The White Tiger tbr
7. Home
8. Kieron Smith, Boy
9. The Gathering
10. The Blind Side of the Heart
11. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao  tbr


I have read only one of the new books,  Invisible, which I got an advanced ready copy of through LibraryThing Early Reviewers/Member Giveaway  before Christmas.   I did enjoy it, though it was rather strange.  I suppose that as the 2nd edition redressed the English language bias of the original list, there will be fewer differences between future editions.  Although, I can boost my stats!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • hello... I'm your British "American bookcrosser"

    if you haven't got the spreadsheet, head over to Arukiyomi for your copy.

    By Blogger Arukiyomi - the spreadsheet guy, at 12:21 PM  

  • Thanks, I was referring to a fellow Brit earlier up the forum thread, but thanks for the heads up on your spreadsheet. I downloaded the last version, great stuff.

    By Blogger soffitta1, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home