Bookcrossing

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Evelyn Waugh

I had completely forgotten that I had signed up for these book rays, but as they are 1001 books, I thought I'd read them.   I have already read a few of his books, the most recent being   Scoop: A Novel About Journalists (Penguin Modern Classics) (diff. ed.), which I added to   Soffitta1's 3rd Bookbox (Africa Theme).  He does seem a rather eclectic writer from the books I have read, like A Handful of Dust (different cover)Edmund Campion  and Black Mischief (Penguin Modern Classics)

The first to arrive was  Brideshead Revisited , I saw the ITV series a while back, but had never read the book.   From what I remember, the series was very faithful, but both have the same drawback - a slight let-down of an ending.  Next up is  Vile Bodies.  Hope it is as good as the others.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home