Bookcrossing

Monday, April 12, 2010

South Asian VBB

Another virtual bookbox hosted by ApoloniaX  , to get a few books moving before May.  The idea is that all books must be about, set in or written by South Asian authors.  For this box, ApoloniaX has chosen the SAARC countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Afghanistan (its latest member).   I hope that a couple of Olympic Challenge books will be added.
Click on this book to find the journal entries:Unaccustomed Earth

I was first up and have picked:
Lakshmi Holmström (ed.): The Inner Courtyard. Stories by Indian Women put in by ApoloniaX

Manju Kapur: Home  put in by ApoloniaX
ApoloniaX  sent me the list a second time and I have chosen   Interpreter of Maladies  added by   Dancesports

I have put in 3 books, one I had here in Portugal (TBR):
Shyam Selvadurai: Funny Boy Sri Lankan author - picked by Annimanni


and two that I had already read which arrived in a bookbox:


The English Patient  by a Sri Lankan author and picked by Dancesports
Julia Gregson: East of the Sun set in India, I added this as an extra with a view to choosing another book later on.  Picked by Tsjara

Another book registered by me was added by ApoloniaX  , Vikas Swarup: Q and A .

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home