Bookcrossing

Sunday, April 03, 2011

1001 VBB Round 3

The list is ready to go out again for its third time.  More players this time, which is fantastic!  Once again, the selection is rather varied.

1. The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie A short, but very compelling book. 
2.Aesop's Fables the classic stories, many you know from childhood.
3. Atonement One of many books by the author on the list, but for me, the best.
4.The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy: A Trilogy in Five Parts  Another book I have on Mount TBR and will read it this month as part of a Librarything readalong.
5. Things Fall Apart I read this last year as I was trying to read more African books, what a find!
6. Diary of a Nobody (Wordsworth Classics) I have this on Mount TBR, looks fun.
7. The Scarlet Letter (Arcturus Classics) I read this at school, and it really left a mark.
8.The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories (World's Classics) The titular story is on the list, but the book as a whole makes a good short story collection.
9. The Maltese Falcon (Crime Masterworks) I saw the film a few years ago and so couldn't get Bogart out of my head when reading this.  A great example of noir.
10. Schindler's List If you have only seen the film, you should read the book.
11. Sputnik Sweetheart One of Haruki Murakami's books on the list, worth a read.
12. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? I read this a few years ago, and enjoyed it.  I am not a huge sci-fi fan, but since reading this I have tried more.  
 
And added by me:
13 The Big Sleep: A Philip Marlowe Mystery (Penguin Fiction) If you have read The Maltese Falcon, I recommed this. 
14. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay  Had been on my TBR pile for a while.  I fairly cantered through this.
15. The Time Machine (Everyman Paperback Classics) Another short book on the 1001 list, very much of its time, but still worth a read today.
16. Invisible Man I read this recently, about Civil Rights in '60s America.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home