Bookcrossing

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

1001 VBB Round 2

The first round finished a month or so ago, and it is time to send it out again.  There was a bit of a gap between the rounds to allow people to read some books.  I'm glad to pass on three that I have recently read and enjoyed. 

Here are my additions:
1.The Monkey and the Monk: An Abridgment of The Journey to the West  The Chinese epic, a monk is helped on his journey to the West by a rather talented, but naughty, monkey.
2. The Mysteries of Udolpho (Oxford World's Classics) this is the book mentioned in Northanger Abbey, it was the heroine's favourite.
3.Ivanhoe (BBC) my first Sir Walter Scott, I had put off reading him for years, but really liked this, especially the mentions of Robin Hood and Prince John.

And from the other participants:
4. Middlemarch a classic that I haven't read
5 The Secret History Definitely one of my favourite books from the list.
6 Schindlers Ark the book which the Oscar-winning film was based on.
7. Unless I have read another book by the author, but not this one.
8. The 13 Clocks a fun children's book with great illustrations
9. Amsterdam The ultimate test of friendship?
10. Enduring Love Creepy, very creepy.
11. Embers This is one of my favourite 1001 books, melancholy, but very well-written.
12. Cloud Atlas This book seems to divide readers, some love it, some love parts of it, some hate it.  The style of different stories linked with a common theme worked well, in my opinion.
13. All Souls' Day
14. Cost
15. In Cold Blood The account of a chilling murder, where the writer got too close to one of the murderers.
16. MORVERN CALLAR  "Bonkers" was the word someone else used to describe this book, and I agree!  Still very much worth a read. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home