Bookcrossing

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

11 in 11 Category Challenge - 5 Asia COMPLETED

Category 5: Asia

I was born in Asia and so have always had a fascination with this diverse continent. I also have a large amount of Asia related books on my TBR pile.

1. The Good Earth
2. The Inheritance of Loss ** 1001 Book
3. Eating Chinese Food Naked
4. The North China Lover
5. Love and longing in Bombay
6. The House of the Mosque
7. The Royal Ghosts
8. The Interpreter of Maladies
9. Brixton Beach
10. Difficult Daughters
11. Queen of Dreams

A very successful category, no duffers! I particularly enjoyed The Good Earth, which had been on my wishlist for years. Revisiting The Lover in The North China Lover was also fantastic- the subtle variation, the benefit of hindsight. 3 were short story collections (5, 7 and 8) and one 1001 book, and also they weren't all from India and China (something I was keen to avoid).  Only one 1001 book, but there are a few Asian 1001 books elsewhere in my challenge.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home