Bookcrossing

Monday, July 25, 2011

11 in 11 Step Challenge: 1st Quarter

11x 1001 Books
Bonus 1:


1. Agnes Grey ** Group Read
2. The Vicar of Wakefield

10x Films



Books adapted for the big screen, small screen and stage.

1. The Diary of a Nobody **1001 Book
2. The Age of Innocence **1001 Book

9x Asian Books



I usually read a lot of books set in Asia or by Asian writers, hopefully some from my huge TBR pile.
1. Lord Jim **1001 Book
2. Jamilia
3. The Swallows of Kabul

8x British

Books from the British Isles.

1. Where have all the Boys Gone
2. Dinner for Two
3. Restless
4. Web
7x Spanish


From Spanish speaking world or in Spanish

1. Dreaming in Cuban
6x Crime


Crime, mystery, thriller
None read yet.
4x History


None read yet.

3x French

French Books

1. Suite Francaise **Group Read **1001 Book

2x Short Stories


1. Santaland Diaries
2. Close Range
 
1x Tome
A big, fat, scary book.


Not read yet.

Wow, first quarter down already!

Top reads:
Suite Francaise was excellent, it grabbed my attention from the off. I also really enjoyed The Age of Innocence, a book I had put off for years, but I am so glad I've read it.
From the pithier side of life, Santaland Diaries may not have seasonal, but it was very funny!
As for the best mystery, I can't decide between Restless, about espionage in WW2, or The Coroner's Lunch, the first installment in the Dr. Siri series set in Laos in the '70s.

As for the duds, well to be honest, I didn't expect much from Where have all the boys gone?, and it was much as it said on the tin. Fluffy, silly, but perfect for a heavy week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home