Bookcrossing

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

11 in 11 Category Challenge - 11 British Authors COMPLETED

Category 11: British Authors

I am including all authors from the British Isles here, as on my 1001 list, pre-Independence Irish writers are shown as British.

1. It Could Happen to You
2. Cold Comfort Farm **1001 Book
3. I was Jane Austen's Best Friend
4. Mrs Fry's Diary
5. The Day of the Triffids **1001 Book
6. The Story of Lucy Gault **1001 Book
7. Five Quarters of the Orange
8. The Understudy
9. Pandora
10. El Emperador
11. Lost Innocence

A mixed bag of a category, I thoroughly enjoued the 3 1001 Books. Cold Comfort Farm was very amusing, The Day of the Triffids was a real page turner, but I must say that Lucy Gault blew me away. Two short story collections, both showing the range of the authors' writing, but I think Joanne Harris's was more up my street.
Bottom books were Lost Innocence, just not my cup of tea, but I was more disappointed by The Understudy, having enjoyed the writer's other books.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home