Bookcrossing

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

11 in 11 Category Challenge - 8 Film & Adaptations COMPLETED

Category 8: Film & Adaptations

I love the cinema and I watch a lot of adaptations, even though when they vary wildly from the book I do get rather annoyed!

1. The French Lieutentant's Woman ** 1001 Book
2. Bleak House ** 1001 Book
3. Crash ** 1001 Book
4. The Notebook
5. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland ** 1001 Book
6. Breakfast at Tiffany's **1001 Book
7. The Time Machine **1001 Book
8. The Graduate ** 1001 Book
9. Stardust in Spanish
10. The Diving-Bell and the Butterfly
11. The Arabian Nights ** 1001 Book

I was blown away by The French Lieutenant's Woman, a book I had had on my shelf for ages. A good story and an intrusive narrator makes for a great read. Another book from my TBR pile was The Diving-Bell and the Butterfly, such a positive book despite the inevitable death of the narrator.
I didn't enjoy Bleak House, too dense, too many characters, it was a chore to read. If I hadn't been travelling, I imagine that I would have ditched this.
8 1001 Books read :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home