Bookcrossing

Friday, May 06, 2011

11 in 11 Category Challenge - 9 Links COMPLETED

Category 9: Links


Any book that is linked with another I read, for example, mentioned in a book I am reading, from the same series, written by the same author.

1. An Unequal Marriage - Jane Austen Link
2. Sunday at Tiffany's - linked with Breakfast at Tiffany's
3. Jigs and Reels - also read Five quarters of the orange by the same author, Joanne Harris.
4. The Jane Austen Guide to Dating - Jane Austen link to I was Jane Austen's Best Friend
5. The Mysteries of Udolpho - mentioned in I was Jane Austen's Best Friend **1001 Book
6. Through the Looking Glass **1001 Book, the sequel to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
7. Austenland Jane Austen link to I was Jane Austen's Best Friend
8. Persuading Annie - Jane Austen link to I was Jane Austen's Best Friend
9. Jane Austen: A Life- Jane Austen link to I was Jane Austen's Best Friend
10. A Christmas Carol - also by Charles Dickens ** 1001 book
11. Vanity Fair ** 1001 book, mentioned in The Story of Lucy Gault

I have enjoyed this category, a new one for me (an idea I stole from other people's challenges!). I often go on a reading binge on one author or topic, so this has worked well, most have been Jane Austen related. I did give up on Lesley Castle, as her work translated into Spanish loses its appeal for me. This category has also inspired me to read a couple of tomes that I have been avoiding, The Mysteries of Udolpho and Vanity Fair. As for favourite books, I think that Jane Austen A Life was the best book, it was informative without being dry. Persuading Annie and Austenland were great fun for an Austen fan like me, both worth a read. The bottom 2 were definitely An Unequal Marriage, a miserable continuation of Pride and Prejudice and Sundays at Tiffanys, a nice idea poorly executed.
4 1001 books from this category.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home