Bookcrossing

Monday, May 16, 2011

Inkheart

I've been reading this for a wee bit, at almost 600 pages and in Spanish I needed time! I had read this before in English, but I enjoyed the reread. My local library as the next 2 books, so will get to them soon.
Books about books, could there be anything better! Mo, Silvertongue, has a gift, he can read characters out of books, but for every character read out of a book, a replacement is taken from our world. This is what happened with his wife 9 years earlier, and now one of the characters, Dustfinger, is back, wanting Mo's help. Brilliant!
At the back of the book, there was a bibliography of the books cited in Inkheart, and I found a list of them online.  I found the list here - http://www.listsofbests.com/list/28877-the-books-in-inkheart-by-cornelia-funke

1. Watership Down
2. Peter Pan
3. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
4. The Children of Green Knowe
5. Fahrenheit 451
6. The Witches
7. BFG
8. Great Expectations
9. Oliver Twist
10. The Neverending Story
11. Jim Button and Luke the Engine Driver
12. The Wind in the Willows
13. The Night Daddy
14. Secret of Platform 13
15. The Jungle Books
16. The Borribles Go For Broke
17. Prince Caspian
18. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
19. The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader
20. The Silver Chair
21. The Brothers Lionheart
22. Bill Bergson and the white rose rescue
23. Mio, My Son
24. Bill Bergson, Master Detective
25. Sejtes skatt
26. The Satanic Mill
27. Clockwork
28. Where the Wild Things Are
29. Shakespeare Stories
30. Naftali the Storyteller and His Horse, Sus: And Other Stories
31. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
32. Kidnapped
33. Treasure Island
34. The Hobbit or There and Back Again
35. The Fellowship of the Ring
36. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
37. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
38. The Sword in the Stone
39. The Selfish Giant

Of this list, I have read many, but there are a few I'll have to search out. I love Watership Down, it blew me away the first time I read it. Roald Dahl and Robert Louis Stevenson are two of my favourite authors, it is their books that I reread and can't part with.
.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home