Bookcrossing

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Euro 1001-Library VBB

With the UK version doing well, I decided to set up a second VBB, this time for all Europeans.  This is partly selfish as I now live in Spain and have been accumulating 1001 books there.  There has been a good response so far.


The VBB started out with 20 books from three donors.

My additions: 
Suite Francaise I have just finished this, and it blew me away.  
The Diary of a Nobody (Penguin Classics) nice to see a lighter book on the list. 
The Arabian Nights: The Marvels and Wonders of the Thousand and One Nights Finally to read something I knew from so many other sources was great fun and insightful, there is a lot more to the collection than can be gleaned from children's versions. 
In the Forest: A Novel a strange story based on fact, very dark. 
Agnes Grey I requested this from the 1001-Library for a readalong, and was not disappointed by the tale of a governess. 
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Penguin Popular Classics) great fun, such a wonderfully written book. 
Through the Looking Glass the sequel to the above, and the story continues in the same crazy, literary way. 
Closely Observed Trains (Abacus Books)
 a short read, but a lot is packed into those 90-odd pages.  A quiet train station in occupied Czechoslovakia in WW2, but not as quiet as it seems.
The Rings of Saturn: An English Pilgrimage (Panther)
I am actually reading this right now, I bought it because my parents live in East Anglia.

Thanks Lemon-Crisis for your donations:     
Life of Pi  a modern classic
Silk another short book on the list, but beautifully written. 
A Clockwork Orange a very dark book, but one which asks many pertinent questions. 
Oliver Twist I've never read this, despite having acted in the musical version at school.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time such a quirky mystery

And from  blackwidow1971
Ethan Frome (Wordsworth Classics) Another I don't know, but a copy is on its way to me :)
The Light of Day I know the author but not the book.
MORVERN CALLAR Crazy with a capital C
The Accidental seems to be a Marmite book 
The Successor  a great find through the 1001-Library 
Soldiers of Salamis (different cover)  A Spanish entry on the list, I haven't read it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home